Battling cravings? Fitness Model Chase Ketron shares his recipe for Low Carb Protein Brownies. So, you can have a snack without going offtrack.
When having to cycle your carbs, cravings can become problematic for an athlete. That is why I came up with a recipe for protein brownies that not only help curb those cravings, but are also beneficial to your fat loss goals. I usually eat one of these brownies before my workout to provide me with the energy to get through a difficult workout on a low carb day.
- 1 scoop of Lean Whey Chocolate Peanut Butter protein (120 cals)
- 1 tbsp. of organic virgin coconut oil (120 cals)
- 1 tbsp. pure cocoa powder (15 cals)
- 1 serving of unsweetened baking chocolate (90 cals)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (8 cals)
- 2 packets of stevia sweetener (2 cals)
- Break up the baking chocolate into a small bowl and put it in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Next, add the tbsp. of coconut oil to the bowl of chocolate and place back in the microwave for an additional 30 seconds (or until chocolate and coconut oil is melted).
- When finished, add the remaining ingredients into the bowl and stir until mixed evenly.
- Place bowl back into the microwave for 45-60 seconds (depending on desired softness).
- Finally, take it out of the microwave and let it sit for 1-2 minutes and enjoy!